How to cure morning sickness: Natural remedies
Are you looking for natural remedies to cure morning sickness? The list below should help you feel better and is healthier for baby too.
• Eat 5 small meals throughout the day. This will help reduce the strain on your digestion and prevent spikes in your blood sugar.
• Avoid an empty stomach as low blood sugar can exacerbate nausea.
• Keep hydrated with plenty of water throughout the day.
• Consume protein with each meal.
• Have a snack just before bed such as a boiled egg, fruit, nuts or crackers and cheese.
• Ginger has been used for centuries to alleviate symptoms of nausea. Try sipping on sliced ginger root in hot water and add lemon for taste. For a cooler option in summer pour ginger tea in ice cubes.
• Limit fatty, spicy and fried foods.
• Vitamin B6 taken as a supplement may reduce nausea in some women. Avoid taking any B vitamins on an empty stomach as this can worsen the nausea. Foods high in vitamin B6 include organ meats, legumes, wheat germ, eggs, nuts, potatoes and bananas.
• Homeopathic remedies such as Nux vomica can assist in reducing nausea helping cure morning sickness. Consult your health professional for advice.
• Acupuncture is commonly used for various reasons during pregnancy including to cure morning sickness, pressure points may help to relieve nausea and reduce stress levels.
*** The information contained here is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in any manner. Always seek the advice of your doctor with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition.
LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT BABY GIFT?
DISCOVER OUR FULL
ANIMAL TOWEL COLLECTION!!