Are you looking for natural remedies to cure morning sickness? The list below should help you feel better and is healthier for baby too.
• Eat 5 small meals throughout the day. This will help reduce the strain on your digestion and prevent spikes in your blood sugar.
• Avoid an empty stomach as low blood sugar can exacerbate nausea.
• Keep hydrated with plenty of water throughout the day.
• Consume protein with each meal.
• Have a snack just before bed such as a boiled egg, fruit, nuts or crackers and cheese.
• Ginger has been used for centuries to alleviate symptoms of nausea. Try sipping on sliced ginger root in hot water and add lemon for taste. For a cooler option in summer pour ginger tea in ice cubes.
• Limit fatty, spicy and fried foods.
• Vitamin B6 taken as a supplement may reduce nausea in some women. Avoid taking any B vitamins on an empty stomach as this can worsen the nausea. Foods high in vitamin B6 include organ meats, legumes, wheat germ, eggs, nuts, potatoes and bananas.
• Homeopathic remedies such as Nux vomica can assist in reducing nausea helping cure morning sickness. Consult your health professional for advice.
• Acupuncture is commonly used for various reasons during pregnancy including to cure morning sickness, pressure points may help to relieve nausea and reduce stress levels.
*** The information contained here is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in any manner. Always seek the advice of your doctor with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition.